- The Book
- About author
- “Old” website
“Very early” winter storm to affect the southern Sierra Nevada late Tuesday night through Wednesday night… “Dangerous early season storm.”
4 Oct 11 – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HANFORD CA
A STRONG STORM DROPPING OUT OF THE GULF OF ALASKA WILL BRING UNSEASONABLY COLD WEATHER TO THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA INTERIOR WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS COULD BE AS HIGH AS 20 INCHES OVER THE HIGH COUNTRY…WITH 6 TO 12 INCHES DOWN TO THE 7000 FOOT LEVEL.
SIERRA NEVADA FROM YOSEMITE TO KINGS CANYON – TULARE COUNTY MOUNTAINS-
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 6 TO 12 INCHES ABOVE 7000 FEET…AND 12 TO 20 INCHES IN THE HIGH COUNTRY.
* SNOW LEVEL LOWERING TO 6000 FEET DURING THE DAY WEDNESDAY.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE: SEQUOIA NATIONAL FOREST INCLUDING BIG MEADOWS AND BUCK ROCK AREAS. SEQUOIA NATIONAL PARK…QUAKING ASPEN…PONDEROSA AND SHERMAN PASS.
* WEST WINDS OVER THE HIGH COUNTRY WILL GUST TO 70 MPH CAUSING CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.
* THIS IS A DANGEROUS EARLY SEASON STORM. HEAVY SNOW ACCUMULATIONS MAY CAUSE MOUNTAIN ROADS TO BECOME BLOCKED.
Thanks to Kenneth Lund for this link
”Boy this is early,” says Kenneth. ” I checked Squaw Valley last year and they had the first snow Oct 25th.”
“Winter storm watches are also in effect for NV, UT and CO,” Kenneth added.
I receive no funding from any company, corporation, or organization. Thanks, Robert
Good news!A publisher in Italy has now translated Not by Fire but by Ice into Italian.