- The Book
- About author
- “Old” website
Local farmers and some 300 workers rushed to repair almost 400 vegetable greenhouses, covering an estimated area of about 23.5 hectares, which were damaged by the worst snowstorms in 50 years.
It is reported 4 greenhouses were damaged beyond repair at one site. Local authorities said they hired about 300 workers to help clean the snow and do their best to repair the damaged greenhouse. [Photo/Xinhua]
A good reminder to make sure you have some food stashed away.
And a good reminder that we’ll be fighting in the streets for food long before we’re covered by ice.
Thanks to Argiris Diamantis in the Netherlands for this link
“There’s lot of talking about the greenhouse effect,” says Argiris. “Here we can see how the real greenhouses are affected.”
- Heavy snow blankets Urumqi, Xinjiang
- Cold front brings rain and snow to Datong
- Snow, rain pushes China’s farm produce prices up
- Cold wave brings heavy snow, sleet to Beijing
- Cold sweeps N China, bringing rain, snow
- Cold wave brings snow to Inner Mongolia
- Snow warning issued as cold front grips N China
- Heavy snow, rainstorms to hit China
I receive no funding from any company, corporation, or organization. Thanks, Robert
Good news!A publisher in Italy has now translated Not by Fire but by Ice into Italian.