- The Book
- About author
- “Old” website
Plus SPECIAL AVALANCHE BULLETIN FOR MOUNT SHASTA BACKCOUNTRY…
- This afternoon. Total daytime snow accumulation of 20 to 26 inches possible.
- Tonight. New snow accumulation of 25 to 31 inches possible.
- Friday. New snow accumulation of 14 to 20 inches possible.
- Friday Night. New snow accumulation of 25 to 31 inches possible.
- Saturday. New snow accumulation of 12 to 18 inches possible.
- Saturday Night. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
- Sunday Snow. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MEDFORD OR… DEC 19 2012
SOUTH CENTRAL SISKIYOU COUNTY – INCLUDING CITIES OF MOUNT SHASTA… DUNSMUIR… MCCLOUD
THE USDA FOREST SERVICE MT. SHASTA AVALANCHE CENTER HAS ISSUED A SPECIAL AVALANCHE BULLETIN FOR THE BACKCOUNTRY OF THE MT. SHASTA AREA IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA.
A STRONG SERIES OF WINTER STORMS IS EXPECTED FOR THE MT. SHASTA AREA FOR THE PERIOD FROM THURSDAY, DEC 20 THROUGH SUNDAY, DEC 23, 2012. FOUR TO SEVEN FEET OF NEW SNOW IS FORECAST TO FALL ABOVE 7,000 FEET IN THE MT. SHASTA AREA DURING THIS TIME. MODERATE TO STRONG SOUTH WINDS WILL ALSO PREVAIL WITH THIS STORM CYCLE RESULTING IN WIND LOADING OF MULTIPLE ASPECTS.
THIS STORM WILL LIKELY RESULT IN AN INCREASE IN AVALANCHE DANGER FOR BOTH HUMAN TRIGGERED AND NATURAL AVALANCHES ON MANY ASPECTS AND ELEVATIONS. CONCERNS WILL CONTINUE OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS AS WAVES OF STORMS AND WIND CONTINUE TO MOVE THROUGH THE AREA.
STAY OFF OF AND OUT FROM UNDERNEATH SLOPES STEEPER THAN 30 DEGREES.
PEOPLE WITHOUT BACKCOUNTRY AVALANCHE SKILLS AND EQUIPMENT ARE ADVISED TO STAY OUT OF THE BACKCOUNTRY, ESPECIALLY ABOVE 7,000 FEET.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 530-926-9613 OR VISIT
Thanks to Kenneth Lund for these links
“And if you look at the forecast for the top of Mt Shasta at 12,000 feet,” says Kenneth, “they expect 17.5 feet (210 inches – thru Sunday !”
I receive no funding from any company, corporation, or organization. Thanks, Robert
Good news!A publisher in Italy has now translated Not by Fire but by Ice into Italian.
- Dinosaur extinction
- Earthquake tracking sites
- Fighting for Food
- Fun Photos & Cartoons
- Fun/interesting videos
- Global Warming Hoax
- Growing Glaciers
- Growing glaciers in U.S.
- Ice Age Imminent
- Ice-Age Maps
- La Prossima Era Glaciale
- Little Ice Age
- Magnetic reversal
- Magnetic Reversal Chart
- Magnetic Reversals & Evolutionary Leaps
- Maunder and Dalton Minimun
- Not by Fire – The Book
- Ocean Warming
- Recommended Links
- Sea levels falling
- Sun Drives Climate
- U.S. News & Records
- Volcanoes – Above water
- Volcanoes – Underwater
- Volcanoes – Yellowstone
- Wolf and Sporer Minimum
- World News & Records