- The Book
- About author
- “Old” website
- Recommended Books
On the verge of the snowiest single day in history in Indiana.
DEADLY WIND CHILLS BETWEEN 30 BELOW AND 45 BELOW ZERO.
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA… JAN 5 2014
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF… NILES… BENTON HARBOR…ST. JOSEPH… BUCHANAN… DOWAGIAC… CASSOPOLIS… MARCELLUS
…BLIZZARD WARNING UNTIL 4 AM EST MONDAY… WIND CHILL WARNING FROM 1 AM MONDAY TO 8 PM EST TUESDAY…
* HEAVY SNOW WILL TRANSITION TO HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS THROUGH THIS EVENING. STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 12 TO 16 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS EXPECTED.
* NORTH WINDS WILL SHIFT NORTHWEST AND INCREASE TO 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH THIS EVENING. THIS WILL CAUSE SEVERE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW OVERNIGHT WITH BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.
* TEMPERATURES WILL DROP DRASTICALLY OVERNIGHT WITH LOWS BETWEEN 5 BELOW AND 15 BELOW ZERO. DEADLY WIND CHILLS BETWEEN 30 BELOW AND 45 BELOW ZERO CAN BE EXPECTED TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY.
* ROADS ARE BECOMING IMPASSABLE IN MANY AREAS.
* VISIBILITIES WILL BE REDUCED TO ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS IN HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW.
* FROST BITE AND HYPOTHERMIA WILL OCCUR IN A MATTER OF MINUTES WITH THESE EXPECTED WIND CHILLS. DEATH WILL ALSO OCCUR IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN.
Thanks to Kenneth Lund for this link
“We are on the verge of having the snowiest single day in history,” says Indianapolis reader Dan Hammer. “We should end up with over a foot of snow today.”
I receive no funding from any company, corporation, or organization. Thanks, Robert
Good news!A publisher in Italy has now translated Not by Fire but by Ice into Italian.
- Dinosaur extinction
- Earthquake tracking sites
- Fighting for Food
- Fun Photos & Cartoons
- Fun/interesting videos
- Global Warming Hoax
- Growing Glaciers
- Growing glaciers in U.S.
- Ice Age Imminent
- Ice-Age Maps
- La Prossima Era Glaciale
- Little Ice Age
- Magnetic reversal
- Magnetic Reversal Chart
- Magnetic Reversals & Evolutionary Leaps
- Maunder and Dalton Minimun
- Not by Fire – The Book
- Ocean Warming
- Recommended books
- Recommended Links
- Sea levels falling
- Sun Drives Climate
- Survival food
- U.S. News & Records
- Volcanoes – Above water
- Volcanoes – Underwater
- Volcanoes – Yellowstone
- Wolf and Sporer Minimum
- World News & Records